When did it become Thanksgiving week? I swear it was just summertime. Here I am once again caught totally unprepared for the next 5 weeks. (I kid you not – my work calendar is still turned to October – this is how crazy life has been). I’m determined not to be caught holiday shopping and all that jazz at the last minute though. I’ve made a good dent in my kids’ gift lists, with the exception of the tech items which I am still undecided on. I even sent an email to my friend Tech Savvy Mama asking for her recommendations. And so the holiday list is here once again:
- Figure out a plan for Thanksgiving dinner that doesn’t involve thawing and roasting a turkey (who has time?)
- Order and send out holiday cards (at least we’ve taken the photo, so that’s pretty good)
- Finish holiday shopping
- Take the kids to see Santa
- Put up holiday decorations/Buy a tree
- Decide what to bake/give neighbors.
- Find the kids (and me) outfits for the wave of upcoming holiday parties
- Help the girls fill and deliver stockings for their Children’s Ministry holiday donation project
- Figure out a plan for Christmas dinner that doesn’t involve thawing and roasting a turkey.
I’m sure I’ve forgotten 2 or 20 things, but this is plenty for now.